Friday’s Headlines: ‘Green Wave’ or Waving the White Flag Edition
Here’s how everyone else played it:
- Clayton Guse at the Daily Newsuh was a bit skeptical.
- David Meyer at the Post, well, did his best, given the biases of the editors of the Tabloid of Record.
- Vin Barone at amNY said the plan “underwhelmed” some advocates.
- The Times backed in.
- Oddly, Gothamist played it straight. Not oddly, so did the Wall Street Journal.
- It must be a big story because even CNN covered it.
- Politico’s Dana Rubinstein focuses on whether Vision Zero can carry de Blasio to the White House
- The Brooklyn Daily Eagle went with the specious “parking” angle.
- And, of course, Bike Snob and Doug Gordon had great takes on Twitter.
There was, of course, some other news yesterday:
- How come cops don’t lose their jobs for this? (SI Advance)
- The Upper West Side doorman who was critically injured by a reckless driver last week has died. (NYDN)
- Another reason to get rid of cars — now they’re ruining our trains! (NY Post)
- And, finally, here’s the best subhed on any story of the day. Thank you, Ginia Bellafante at the NY Times.