- SoHo bike crank
Sean Sweeney claims that a cyclist punched him in the face. He’s got a black eye to prove it. We haven’t received the SoHo Alliance press release yet but you can read about
it in the Downtown Express.
- State Assembly transportation chair David Gantt is blocking a common sense bill to ban text-messaging while driving and his fellow Democrats are finally realizing that he’s a problem. (Buffalo News)
- Jebediah Reed wipes the floor with New York Magazine’s Janette Sadik-Khan profile. (Infrastructurist)
- WNYC launches its radio series on bus rapid transit with a story out of Bogota, Colombia. That’s right: A story about buses on the radio. Who’d have thought?
- NYC DOT’s new Street Design Manual is now available for download.
- Step aside Simon Cowell. Carly Clark and I have judged and selected the winners of Good Magazine’s "Redesign Your Street" contest.
- LIRR president Helena Williams is named interim CEO of the MTA. Lee Sander steps down tomorrow. (2nd Ave. Sagas)
- Charles Komanoff argues that the Waxman-Markey greenhouse gas reduction bill isn’t going to get the job done. (Grist)
- It’s an exciting time to be a parking policy geek in San Francisco. (Streetsblog SF)