This Week: Rethinking Streets in Hunters Point/Long Island City
The highlight of the week is Wednesday, when you can weigh in on the future of streets in Hunters Point and Long Island City at a public workshop hosted by DOT and Council Member Jimmy Van Bramer.
Here’s the full slate of events from the Streetsblog calendar:
- Tonight: Manhattan Community Board 6 will get an update on current MTA projects in the district, address bus layover locations, and the Move NY toll reform plan. 7 p.m.
- Tuesday: The Transportation Alternatives Queens Activist Committee will hold its monthly meeting. 6:30 p.m.
- Also Tuesday: Head over to the Transit Museum to learn how natural disasters have shaped New York City’s transportation infrastructure. Tickets are $10. 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: Council Member Jimmy Van Bramer hosts a public workshop where residents can share ideas about street design as DOT moves forward with a “phased, complete reconstruction of Long Island City/Hunters Point’s streets and infrastructure.” 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday: It’s the monthly meeting of TA’s Manhattan activist committee. 6:30 p.m.
Got an event we should have on our radar? You can let us know here.