It's a short week, but a busy one. The highlight: Public workshops where you can weigh in on DOT's effort to improve bicycling and walking across the Harlem River Bridges.
See the full slate of events on the Streetsblog calendar. Here are the highlights:
- Today: The Brooklyn Community Board 3 transportation committee will discuss the recent expansion of Citi Bike in Bed-Stuy. 6:30 p.m.
- Also Today: The Manhattan Community Board 3 transportation committee, which covers Chinatown, will meet to discuss curbside intercity bus stops. 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: More than a year after voting down requests from local businesses for more bike parking, Brooklyn Community Board 1 will take up bike corrals again at its general board meeting. 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday and Thursday: Biking or walking across the Harlem River bridges is not usually a safe or pleasant experience. DOT is hosting another round of workshops as it prepares a plan to upgrade the bridges and nearby streets. This week's workshops will focus on areas south of the Macombs Dam Bridge. Wednesday's meeting is in Harlem and Thursday's is in the Bronx. Both begin at 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday: The Manhattan Community Board 6 transportation committee is meeting to discuss the Move NY toll reform proposal and DOT's plan to fill in the gap in the First Avenue protected bike lane.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.