This Week: Harlem River Bridges, Woodhaven Boulevard
There’s a flurry of community board action this week before the lull of summer recess, plus a kid-friendly bike ride in East Harlem.
Here are the highlights for the week — check the Streetsblog calendar for the full slate of events:
- Monday: DOT continues its series of workshops on Harlem River bridge access. Today’s meeting will consider Manhattan north of Macombs Dam Bridge. 6:30 p.m.
- Also Monday: Brooklyn CB 3 will vote on a DOT plan to connect existing bike routes on Tompkins and Throop avenues to Brooklyn Avenue and Kingston Avenue, via Fulton Street. 7 p.m.
- Tuesday: DOT will host an open house to discuss street design and bus stop locations for the Bronx section of Q44 Select Bus Service. 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: The fourth Harlem River bridge workshop of the month will consider the area north of the Bronx side of Macombs Dam Bridge. 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: DOT will present to the Brooklyn CB 1 transportation committee on the proposed Union Avenue Plaza project and two bike corral locations. 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: Woodhaven Boulevard Select Bus Service is on the agenda of the Queens Community Board 5 transportation committee. 7:30 p.m.
Kidical Mass comes to East Harlem. 10 a.m.This event has been cancelled.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.