This Week: Vote! Plus, the Big Reveal for Woodhaven BRT
On Wednesday DOT and the MTA will present their proposal for Select Bus Service on Woodhaven Boulevard and Cross Bay Boulevard in Queens. These extremely wide streets present the perfect opportunity for better busways that won’t get clogged by cars, and the local City Council members all want to see a design that puts transit riders first. The Riders Alliance is urging people who support BRT on Woodhaven to turn out for the open house where the agencies will reveal the design proposals for the project.
Oh, and don’t forget to vote on Tuesday. Seats in the Assembly and State Senate are on the line, as well as statewide offices.
Here are more livable streets happenings week. As always, check the calendar for the full slate of events.
- Today: Community Board 12 and local electeds will host a street safety forum in Washington Heights. Council Members Ydanis Rodriguez and Council Member Mark Levine, Borough President Gale Brewer, State Senator Adriano Espaillat, and Assembly Member Denny Farrell are slated to attend. 6 p.m.
- Also Today: The Brooklyn CB 14 transportation committee will hear a presentation from New York City Transit on F train station renovations. DOT will present on traffic calming and pedestrian safety at Church and Flatbush Avenues, traffic planning for the new Kings Theater, and a redesign of Coney Island Avenue between Avenues M and O. 7 p.m.
- Tuesday: It’s Election Day — vote!
- Wednesday: DOT and the MTA will unveil design proposals for Select Bus Service on Woodhaven and Cross Bay Boulevards. 6 p.m.
- Also Wednesday: Among other items, the Manhattan CB 8 transportation committee will discuss adjusting traffic signals along the Second Avenue Subway corridor to give pedestrians more crossing time. 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday: Queens CB 2 will hear from DOT about the Vernon Boulevard bike lane, as well as a review of the demapping of Vaux Road between 59th and 60th Streets. 7 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.