This Week: Debates Galore and a Big Party
With the September 10 Democratic primary coming up in just three weeks, the Streetsblog calendar is packed with candidate debates. On Thursday you can schmooze about the politics of livable streets in NYC and celebrate a big milestone for Transportation Alternatives at the organization’s 40th anniversary bash.
- Tuesday: Candidates running to represent the 38th District in the City Council face off at a debate co-sponsored by TA, where the audience will have the opportunity to pose questions. The district encompasses Sunset Park, Red Hook, Gowanus, and parts of Garroll Gardens. 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: TA is also one of the sponsors of this Democratic mayoral debate, where all the major candidates will duke it out. Space at the venue is no longer available, but the debate will be broadcast on NY1 and WNYC. 7:00 p.m.
- Also Wednesday: Incumbent Council Member Stephen Levin faces challenger Stephen Pierson to debate issues facing the 33rd District in North Brooklyn. Audience members will be able to pose questions. 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday: Ask the candidates for the 36th City Council District — which includes Bed Stuy, Crown Heights, and Weeksville — where they stand on transportation and planning issues at this forum co-sponsored by TA. 6:30 p.m.
- Also Thursday: Join TA to mark 40 years of advocacy for safe streets and a livable city. The celebration starts at 7 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.