This Week: Hear From Candidates Vying to Succeed Tish James
A candidate forum for the City Council district currently represented by Tish James — which includes Fort Greene, Clinton Hill, Prospect Heights, and parts of Crown Heights — is the highlight on the Streetsblog calendar. Plus, lots of car-free events in Brooklyn coming up at the end of the week.
- Tuesday: The Manhattan Community Board 3 transportation committee discusses bike-share station locations. 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: The regional planning agency for New York and its suburbs — NYMTC — hosts a public meeting to weigh in on its draft transportation plans, which will shape infrastructure investment throughout the region. There will be one meeting at 3:30 p.m. and another at 6:30 p.m.
- Also Wednesday: Learn about how global cities have made progress on broad-based, participatory efforts to become more environmentally sustainable and resilient. This is the first installment of a two-part series — “Equity, Engagement and Transparency in Urban Adaptation” — that will conclude next week. 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday: At this forum co-hosted by Transportation Alternatives, see where the candidates stand in the race to succeed Tish James as the representative of City Council District 35. 7:00 p.m.
- Friday: Fifth Avenue in the South Slope will be car-free from 5 to 9 p.m., and the Bay Ridge Summer Stroll opens up 10 blocks of Third Avenue from 6 to 9 p.m.
- Saturday: From 2 to 8 p.m., Grand Street between Bushwick Avenue and Manhattan Avenue will be car-free for Weekend Walks.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.: