The Streetsblog calendar is bursting at the seams this week, with the headline event being Manhattan Borough President Gale Brewer's hearing on traffic congestion. Much more stuff is on the full Streetsblog calendar. Here are the highlights:
- Tuesday: The 34th Street Partnership is hosting a workshop on the temporary public plaza at 33rd Street and Seventh Avenue. 6 p.m. RSVP required.
- Also Tuesday: Catch NYC DOT bicycle program coordinator Hayes Lord at a Q&A with the New York Cycle Club about developing the city's bike network. 6 p.m.
- Wednesday: DOT staff will meet with the Brooklyn Community Board 9 transportation committee to discuss a series of safety projects on major streets including Empire Boulevard, Flatbush Avenue, and Ocean Avenue. 7 p.m.
- Thursday: Spurred by the summer's debate over Uber, Manhattan Borough President Gale Brewer is hosting a public hearing on traffic congestion. Expect testimony from city and state agencies, advocates, and transportation companies. 10 a.m.
- Also Thursday: The Rockaway Waterfront Alliance will update the Queens Community Board 14 transportation committee on Project Underway, its proposal to provide more space for walking and biking on Rockaway Freeway, which runs beneath the A train. 7 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.