This Week: Safe Streets Rally, Candidate Forums
This week in livable streets events: Enjoy car-free streets, rally and volunteer for safer conditions for walking and biking, and hear from candidates for mayor and City Council.
- Tuesday: Street safety has for some time been an important issue for AARP, and on Tuesday the group will host a forum for NYC mayoral candidates. 10 a.m. Space is limited to AARP members. More info here.
- Wednesday: Following recent pedestrian deaths, Transportation Alternatives is hosting a rally at City Hall to demand safer streets and accountability for dangerous driving. 8 a.m. RSVP requested.
- Wednesday: Rolling Forward Politically Able and Daughters of Jacob Nursing Home and Rehabilitation Center are co-sponsoring a candidate forum for City Council District 16, in the South Bronx. 2 p.m.
- Friday: Merchants of Third Avenue will host Summer Streets in Bay Ridge. 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Third between 69th and 80th Streets.
- Saturday: Week two of Summer Streets 2013 on Park Avenue. 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Saturday: Join TA and the Bike Ambassadors at Summer Streets to help petition for complete streets on Manhattan’s Fifth and Sixth Avenues (7 a.m. to 1 p.m.) and Brooklyn’s Jay Street (9 to 11 a.m.). All materials provided.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.