This Week: Showtime for the Clinton Avenue Protected Bikeway
After dropping hints back in January about a two-way protected bike lane on Clinton Avenue and going door-to-door to get the word out last month, DOT will present details about the project this week at Brooklyn Community Board 2.
With rumors swirling about the redesign, opponents are breaking out the scare tactics, which were on display at a gathering last Thursday:
— Luke Ohlson (@BikeLukeBike) May 15, 2016
If you want a safer Clinton Avenue, tomorrow night’s meeting is an important one to attend.
Check out the Streetsblog calendar for a full list of this week’s events. Here are the highlights:
- Tonight: DOT will hold its second public meeting as part of the North Brooklyn Transportation Study. 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: CB 2’s transportation committee will hear DOT’s proposal for a two-way protected bike lane on Clinton Avenue. EDC will also give a presentation on the BQX Streetcar. 6 p.m.
- Also Tuesday: DOT will show block-by-block street designs for the Woodhaven Boulevard Select Bus Service project at an open house. 6 p.m.
- Wednesday: The long ordeal over the seemingly minor change of painting bike lanes on three pairs of crosstown Upper East Side streets culminates at Community Board 8’s full board meeting. 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday: NYC EDC and DOT host a public meeting in Red Hook on the proposed BQX streetcar project. 6 p.m.
- Also Thursday: DOT will present an update on the expansion of Citi Bike to Park Slope, Carroll Gardens, and other neighborhoods on Brooklyn CB 6 turf, as well as an upgrade to the Bond Street bike lane. 6:30 p.m.
- Friday: It’s Bike to Work Day! TA staff and volunteers will be stationed at greenways and bridge crossings in the morning to supply bike commuters with free coffee and other goodies.
- Saturday: Missed the first Woodhaven SBS open house? There’s another one at noon.