This Week: Tour de Staten Island
After a very eventful March, it’s a light week on the Streetsblog calendar. Celebrate a whole week of above-freezing temperatures on Sunday with a leisurely bike ride around Richmond County.
Here are the highlights — check the calendar for the full listing of events:
- Monday: DOT will be discussing Utica Avenue Select Bus Service with Brooklyn Community Board 3. 6:30 p.m.
- Also Monday: “MTA bus issues,” Uber surge pricing, and funding for the Second Avenue Subway are on the agenda of the Manhattan Community Board 6 transportation committee this evening. 6 p.m.
- Tuesday: Ride the train in Queens? Help the Riders Alliance make the case for Albany to support transit investment by sharing your subway horror story. 7 p.m.
- Wednesday: It’s Brooklyn transit riders’ turn to pitch in to the Riders Alliance campaign. 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday: NYC Transit and DOT update Brooklyn Community Board 8 on Utica Avenue SBS. 7 p.m.
- Also Thursday: The monthly meeting of Transportation Alternatives’ Manhattan activist committee gets started at 6:30 p.m.
- Sunday: The fifth annual Tour de Staten Island kicks off at 8 a.m. $35 for Transportation Alternatives members; $45 for non-members.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.