This Week: Toll Reform, Better Bushwick Biking, Riverside Drive
It’s showtime for the Move NY plan to reform the region’s dysfunctional toll system while raising needed revenue for the MTA. The plan went public today, and you can find out more about how it would work at a town hall meeting at the Brooklyn YWCA this Thursday.
Here are the highlights — many more events are listed on the full Streetsblog calendar:
- Tuesday: DUMBO pedestrian upgrades are on the agenda for the Brooklyn Community Board 2 transportation committee at 6 p.m., while the CB 1 transportation committee will take up Citi Bike expansion and upgrades to the plaza at Broadway and Bedford Avenue at 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: The Manhattan Community Board 9 transportation committee will consider DOT’s plan for Riverside Drive (without bike lanes) and discuss concerns about traffic safety near Twelfth Avenue and 125th Street. 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday: As Albany enters the heart of budget season, join a coalition of elected officials, neighborhood groups and community boards for a town hall meeting at the Brooklyn YWCA about the Move NY plan. 6 p.m.
- Also Thursday: Join DOT, Community Board 4, Council Members Antonio Reynoso and Rafael Espinal, and the Department of City Planning to launch a planning initiative to improve biking in Bushwick. 6 p.m.
- More Thursday: The Brooklyn Community Board 6 transportation committee meets with representatives of DOT’s Brooklyn borough office and Captain Natalie Maldonado, the new commanding officer of the 76th Precinct. 6:30 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updates. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.