This Week: Help Tame the Boulevard of Death
The long-anticipated redesign of Queens Boulevard kicks off on Wednesday with a public forum about how to tame the section that runs through Woodside. This is your chance to tell DOT how you want to change the “Boulevard of Death.”
Check the calendar for the full slate of events. Here are the highlights:
- Tuesday: DOT tis asking people to weigh in on the South Williamsburg transportation study, covering pedestrian safety, congestion management, parking management, and other topics. 6 p.m.
- Also Tuesday: DOT will present pedestrian safety improvements for several locations in DUMBO to the Brooklyn Community Board 2 transportation committee. 6 p.m.
- Wednesday: Straus Media and the New York Society for Ethical Culture host a panel discussion on Manhattan traffic safety featuring Transportation Commissioner Polly Trottenberg, former New York Times executive editor Jill Abramson, Council Member Helen Rosenthal, and Dana Lerner of Families For Safe Streets. 6 p.m.
- Also Wednesday: The Brooklyn Community Board 7 Vision Zero task force, covering Sunset Park and Windsor Terrace, will be hosting a meeting. 6:30 p.m.
- More Wednesday: A series of DOT workshops to envision the future of Queens Boulevard gets underway with a look at the area between Roosevelt Avenue and 73rd Street. 7 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.