5 Borough Bike Club Meeting: Ask the Bike Shop Pros
The 5 Borough Bicycle Club’s March meeting will be an exclusive after-hours opportunity for club members, accompanied guests and prospective club members to ask Charlie McCorkell and his mechanics about bikes and accessories (or even what it takes to run a small business!) and to get recommendations for the Spring season.
Charlie is a civil engineer by training and a NYC cyclist and cycling advocate for over 35 years. He is an Executive Director emeritus of Transportation Alternatives.
If you have specific questions for Charlie, email cmcbike @ bicyclehabitat . com before the meeting with cc: programs @ 5bbc . org.
Bicycles, parts, accessories, and bikewear will be available for purchase at special sale prices! The sale is limited to stock merchandise for this evening only and is in lieu of the club discount.
- Closeout on all winter clothing – gloves, jackets, tights, etc. – 50% off.
- A select group of Specialized Optics (a/k/a sunglasses) – 50% Off.
- Specialized Body Geometry gloves $15 (regularly $40), plus some gel Nike gloves $20 (regularly $38).
- A select bunch of Specialized BG saddles – 40% discount.
- A small sampling of helmets – 40% off.
- Trainers will also be deeply discounted.
- ALL regularly priced merchandise will be at 10% discount, PLUS you will receive a coupon that will allow you to buy any one regularly priced item for 20% off (including bikes!) or any one public sale item (i.e. that is not being offered as a special to the bike club) for an additional 10% off.
- There will also be surprise items on sale.