This Week: Things to Do After You Play In the Snow
The snow has trimmed this week’s calendar and forced a few cancellations. Note that the DMV safety hearing to review the license of the truck driver who killed Mathieu Lefevre in 2011 has been postponed to a later date.
Things pick up again on Wednesday and Thursday, and the action continues over the weekend with Kidical Mass forums in three boroughs.
Check the calendar for the full slate of events. Here are the highlights. Be sure to call ahead to confirm that an event has not been delayed or rescheduled due to weather:
- Wednesday: The Riders Alliance is hosting a citywide membership meeting to strategize about to make 2015 a year of progress toward better transit for all New Yorkers. 6:30 p.m.
- Also Wednesday: Join Transportation Alternatives as it launches its Upper Manhattan Activist Committee to fight for better walking, biking, and transit. The agenda includes discussion of improving access to the Harlem River Bridges and more family-friendly bike rides. 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday: DOT, Council Member Helen Rosenthal, and Manhattan Community Board 7 are hosting a public workshop as Citi Bike plans locations for stations on the Upper West Side. 6 p.m.
- Also Thursday: Join Transportation Alternatives’ Brooklyn Activist Committee to get the low-down on how to join your local community board. 7 p.m.
- Saturday: Kidical Mass will be hosting forums in Queens, Brooklyn, and Manhattan for parents who want to learn more about bicycling in the city with children. Learn about Kidical Mass events and meet other parents who bike with their kids. 10 a.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.