How Happy Are Parisians With Vélib?
- Rides to date: 20 million
- Average trips/day: 70,000
- Average trip time: 18 minutes
- 190,000 annual pass holders
- 42% of users are females
- 1/3 of users come from outside the central city
- 17% of users are more than 46 years old
- 94% of users like it (of which 20% like it a lot)
- 46% are satisfied with stations (available bikes, parking slots)
Vélib-style bike rentals come to the U.S. this month in Washington, D.C.
After the jump, for you French speakers, Parisians talk about the program — one of many ways the city is beating traffic.