Meet Your Industrial Development Agency
Last week, the board of the New York City Industrial Agency postponed a vote on whether to subsidize the construction of parking facilities at the new Yankee Stadium through the issuance of $225 million in triple tax exempt bonds. Streetsblog has no word yet on when the vote will occur, so in the meantime here is a list of the people who will be making the decision, with as much background as we could gather on the lesser-known members.
If anyone knows more about any of these folks, or if you spot any outdated info, please share.
The IDA board:
- Robert C. Leiber, Chairman. President of the New York City Economic Development Corporation. Former real estate executive. Mayoral appointee.
- Derek Park, Vice Chairman. Senior Executive Vice-President, Cohane Rafferty Securities. Mayoral appointee.
- Amanda Burden, ex officio. City Planning Director, City Planning Commission Chair.
- Michael Cardozo, ex officio. New York City’s Corporation Counsel.
- Albert V. De Leon. General Counsel, Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken.
- Dan Doctoroff, ex officio. Deputy Mayor for Economic Development and Rebuilding.
- Joseph I. Douek. Chairman and CEO, Willoughby’s Konica Imaging Center, friend of Brooklyn Borough President Marty Markowitz, and subject of this 2006 critique on Room EIght.
- Kevin Doyle. Executive Vice President, Local 32BJ, "the largest property services union in the country." Doyle was profiled by the Observer when he joined the IDA board. Appointed by Manhattan Borough President Scott Stringer.
- Bernard Haber. Member of Queens Community Board 11. Queens Borough President appointee.
- Rafael Salaberrios. President, Bronx Overall Economic Development Corporation. Chairman, Bronx Tourism Council. Bronx Borough President appointee.
- Robert D. Santos. Vice President for Campus Planning and Facilities Management, City College of New York. Former executive with construction firm Lehrer McGovern Bovis, Inc. Former Assistant Commissioner, NYC Department of Housing Preservation and Development. Former Deputy Commissioner for Operations, NYC Department of Parks and Recreation. Mayoral appointee.
- William C. Thompson, ex officio. New York City Comptroller.
- Barry Dinerstein. Deputy Director for Housing, Economic Development and Infrastructure Planning, NYC Planning Department.
- John Graham. City Comptroller appointee.
- Angela Sun. Doctoroff appointee.
- Leonard Wasserman. Chief, Economic Development Division, New York City Law Department (Corporation Counsel).