Today’s Headlines, 8/9/06
For cost and congestion-conscious commuters light-rail is an option in Denver. Why not in NYC as well?
- Planning Groups Say Region Must Rethink Policies on Land Use (NYT)
- Gas Prices Alter Habits of Many, but Far From All (NYT)
- Country Can Cope With Oil Loss, Federal Energy Chief Says (NYT)
- New Yorkers Hit Hard At The Pump After Alaskan Oil Shutdown (NY1)
- G train riders brace for uncertain future (AMNY)
- Annoyed Response from the Transit Authority (AMNY)
- Man Caught Driving 130 mph on the Long Island Expressway (NYT)
- Construction Begins On West Street Pedestrian Tunnel (NY1)
- Multi-Vehicle Accident Injures Two Children in Brooklyn (NY1)
Photo: Kevin Moloney for the New York Times.