This Week: Dueling Mayoral Forums, 125th Street SBS
Dueling mayoral forums kick off a busy week on the Streetsblog calendar. In addition to all the public meetings highlighted below, there are lots of social events and rides on the full calendar, available here.
- Monday: Two mayoral forums are happening tonight, one hosted by the New York League of Conservation Voters in Riverdale, and the other by neighborhood associations covering brownstone Brooklyn. Both begin at 7:00 p.m.
- Also Monday: A DOT plan to improve bicycle access to the Queensboro Bridge is up for discussion by the transportation committee of Manhattan Community Board 6. 7:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: Manhattan Community Board 11’s transportation committee is scheduled to discuss Select Bus Service on 125th Street. 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: DOT is hosting a community workshop to gather input on the design of a new pedestrian plaza on Liberty Avenue in Ozone Park. 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday: Council Member Mathieu Eugene hosts a traffic calming forum to discuss traffic safety along Coney Island Avenue. 6:00 p.m.
- Also Thursday: DOT will present a study of the Highland Park area to the transportation committee of Brooklyn Community Board 16. 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday: Queens Community Board 5 is hosting a forum with DOT and the Department of City Planning to discuss bicycle route planning in Ridgewood, Maspeth, Middle Village, and Glendale. 11:00 a.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.