After a successful demonstration of support for the Prospect Park West bike lane last week, livable streets activists need to rally again to defend the city’s transit system. Join Transportation Alternatives’ Rider Rebellion in Union Square on Wednesday to show elected officials that more fare hikes and service cuts aren’t acceptable.
- Tonight: DOT is working on a design for a new plaza at Pershing Square, in front of Grand Central Terminal. Participate in a public workshop to develop ideas for the new public space. 6:00 p.m.
- Also tonight: The first meeting of the Community Advisory Committee for Select Bus Service on Hylan Boulevard. This group will provide input to DOT and the MTA over the course of planning bus improvements for this Staten Island corridor. 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: The tour of PlaNYC “Community Conversations” comes to the Bronx. Tell the Office of Long-Term Planning and Sustainability what should be included in next year’s update of PlaNYC 2030.
- Wednesday: Fed up with decisions from Albany that allowed transit service to shrink while fares go up? Rally to save public transit in Union Square. Transit riders from all five boroughs will join Transportation Alternatives’ Rider Rebellion to stress the importance of good transit policy as we head into next week’s election. 5:30 p.m.
- Also Wednesday: The Community Advisory Committee for the Nostrand Avenue SBS meets again, this time to discuss the results of the environmental review. 6:30 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.