This Week: Citi Bike on the UWS and a Safer Linden Blvd
The week kicks off with strategy sessions for better buses in Flushing and Jamaica, and keeps rolling with the unveiling of the Citi Bike station map for the Upper West Side and a traffic safety plan for Linden Boulevard in Brooklyn. This being Bike to Work Week, it wouldn’t be complete without free breakfast and coffee from Transportation Alternatives.
Here are the highlights. Check the calendar for the full listing of events:
- Monday and Tuesday: Bus riders haven’t been heard from much in debates over Select Bus Service between Flushing and Jamaica. Join Join Riders Alliance for strategy sessions about how to improve buses to and from these two major Queens hubs. Monday in Flushing and Tuesday in Jamaica. Both meetings begin at 6:15 p.m.
- Tuesday: DOT is unveiling locations for Citi Bike stations on the Upper West Side at a meeting of the Manhattan Community Board 7 transportation committee. 7 p.m.
- Also Tuesday: DOT is presenting its traffic safety plan for Linden Boulevard, one of Brooklyn’s deadliest arterial streets, to Community Board 17. 7:30 p.m. Update: DOT says this meeting has been rescheduled to June 9.
- Wednesday: Join NYC DOT and the Regional Plan Association for the final round of workshops for improvements to the Jamaica Bay Greenway. The workshop this week is for Howard Beach and Ozone Park. 6:30 p.m.
- Also Wednesday: Transportation Alternatives will be handing out free breakfast and coffee at commuter stations around the city from 7 to 11 a.m.
- Thursday: Join City Council members for a ride to City Hall, either from Union Square or Brooklyn Borough Hall. 8 a.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.