This Week: Utica Ave SBS, Jamaica Bay Greenway
Big projects on the calendar this week include Select Bus Service for Utica Avenue in Brooklyn, the Jamaica Bay Greenway, and fixing dangerous intersections on Manhattan’s West Side.
Here are the highlights — many more events are listed on the full Streetsblog calendar:
- Monday: In Albany, the State Senate and Assembly are hosting a joint budget hearing on transportation. 5 p.m.
- Tuesday: Pedestrian improvements in DUMBO and capital construction of Putnam Triangle in Clinton Hill are on the agenda of Brooklyn Community Board 2 transportation committee, as well as a discussion of the Move NY fair toll proposal. 6 p.m.
- Also Tuesday: DOT will present to the Brooklyn Community Board 1 transportation committee about bike lanes on the Greenpoint Avenue Bridge and Utica Avenue Select Bus Service. 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: The Manhattan Community Board 4 transportation committee will discuss Vision Zero priority intersections in Chelsea and Hell’s Kitchen, among other items. 6:30 p.m.
- Also Wednesday: The Jamaica Bay Greenway Coalition’s first meeting of the year features an update on greenway designs and a presentation on the Rockaway Waterfront Alliance’s efforts to reclaim space beneath the A train for walking and biking. 7 p.m.
- Thursday: The MTA and NYC DOT host an open house about street design and bus stop spacing for the planned B46 Select Bus Service route along Utica Avenue and Malcolm X Boulevard. 6 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.