This Week: Citi Bike Expansion, Utica Ave SBS, High Bridge
The heart of this week’s calendar includes community board meetings about Citi Bike expansion and plaza construction in North Brooklyn, and Select Bus Service on Utica Avenue.
Here are the highlights — many more events are listed on the full Streetsblog calendar:
- Monday: The Brooklyn Community Board 10 transportation committee, which covers Bay Ridge, will discuss the Cross Harbor Freight Tunnel Draft Environmental Impact Statement. 7 p.m.
- Tuesday: The State Senate transportation committee will hold a hearing on bills to strengthen statutes to deter unlicensed driving and hit-and-runs. 10:30 a.m.
- Also Tuesday: The CB 1 full board will receive an update from DOT on Citi Bike expansion and vote on a capital project for the Broadway/Bedford Plaza. 6:30 p.m.
- More Tuesday: The CB 3 transportation committee will discuss Select Bus Service on Utica Avenue. 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday: U.S. Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx will address the New York Metropolitan Transportation Council annual meeting. 10:15 a.m.
- Friday: Join Bryan Diffley, project manager for the High Bridge restoration, for a lecture on how the city’s oldest standing bridge is being transformed into a key bicycle and pedestrian connection between Manhattan and the Bronx. 7 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.