This Week: Lincoln Square Bow-tie Vote, Vision Zero Budget
There’s a key vote on DOT’s proposed improvements for the Lincoln Square bow-tie, including a stronger southbound bike link between the Upper West Side and Midtown, at Manhattan Community Board 7 on Tuesday. And on Thursday, the City Council has an opportunity to vet the de Blasio administration’s budget for street safety projects at a transportation committee hearing.
Make sure to check the Streetsblog calendar for the full complement of events. Here are the highlights:
- Monday: A panel of key NYC DOT staffers will discuss Vision Zero, the plaza program, and other initiatives to redesign city streets at a forum hosted by the AIA’s Center for Architecture. Entry is $10 for non-members of AIA. 6:00 p.m.
- Also Monday: Bike connections to the High Bridge, which will provide a car-free link between Upper Manhattan and the Bronx, are on the agenda of the Manhattan CB 12 transportation committee. 7:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: Transportation Commissioner Polly Trottenberg will discuss progress on Vision Zero and the challenges that remain at a breakfast forum hosted by the Transportation Research Forum’s New York chapter. Registration required. 8:00 a.m. [corrected]
- Also Tuesday: DOT will present on bike lanes for Long Island City, Sunnyside, and the Greenpoint Avenue Bridge at a Queens CB 2 transportation committee meeting. 6:30 p.m.
- More Tuesday: Manhattan Community Board 7 will vote on proposed street safety improvements near the Lincoln Square bow-tie. The project cleared the transportation committee but nothing is ever certain at CB 7. 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: Tell the Hunter College Queens Boulevard Studio how you want to redesign one of NYC’s most notorious streets at this public workshop at Queens Borough Hall. 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday: It’s budget hearing time at the City Council! NYC DOT, the TLC, and the MTA will testify before the transportation committee. 10:00 a.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.