This Week: Envisioning a Safer Atlantic Avenue
This week you can get involved in street safety initiatives focused on Atlantic Avenue and Rockaway Freeway beneath the A train.
Here are the highlights — check the Streetsblog calendar for the full slate of events:
- Today: Join the Rockaway Waterfront Alliance for the first of two workshops (the second is on September 30) to plan for safer streets on Rockaway Freeway beneath the A train. 6 p.m.
- Also Today: NYU’s Rudin Center is hosting a “Short Talks, Big Ideas” event to discuss the frontiers of transportation. Learn about high-tech bike helmets, waterfront development, green loading zones, and more. 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday: Meet up with the Transportation Alternatives Brooklyn activist committee to plan strategy for achieving safer streets across the borough. 7 p.m.
- Saturday: The Jamaica Bay Greenway Coalition is meeting to discuss the vision for the greenway and plan for the next round of NYC DOT workshops, scheduled for next week. 10 a.m.
- Also Saturday: Want to make a safer Atlantic Avenue? Join TA’s Brooklyn activist committee for a walk of this dangerous arterial street through Bedford-Stuyvesant, Clinton Hill, and Crown Heights, meeting with local groups and businesses concerned about traffic violence. 1 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.