This Week: Summer’s Not Over Yet
You know the summer is over when the community board calendar picks up steam again. We’re not quite there yet, but things are starting to percolate.
Here’s what’s happening on the Streetsblog calendar this week:
- Monday: The Manhattan Community Board 5 transportation committee meets this evening, and on the agenda are two new intercity bus stop locations. 6 p.m.
- Tuesday: The Vision Zero task force of Manhattan Community Board 10 is hosting an information session for older residents. 6 p.m.
- More Tuesday: The Riders Alliance is holding a strategy session to plan next steps in the campaign to extend transit tax benefits to 600,000 additional New Yorkers. 6:30 p.m.
- Also Tuesday: It’s an intriguing agenda for the Queens Community Board 5 transportation committee, which will be discussing Move NY’s toll reform proposal, potential reactivation of the Rockaway Beach Branch rail line, and upcoming plaza projects. 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday: Join the Transportation Alternatives Brooklyn Committee to strategize about how to make the borough’s streets safer and more livable. 7:00 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.