This Week: Community Boards and Park(ing) Day Are Back
The calendar is packed this week with community board meetings in Manhattan and Brooklyn, a bike-share panel discussion, and on Friday, Park(ing) Day. Check out the full calendar for events not highlighted here.
- Tuesday: Join TA’s Healthy Streets Solutions workshop to learn how to bring play streets, speed cameras for school zones and other safety improvements to your neighborhood, and take the first steps to implement them. 4 to 6 p.m. RSVP requested.
- Tuesday: Join a panel of experts for “Ride On: NYC’s CitiBike Share Program,” a discussion of the Citi Bike program from the perspectives of government, business, transportation, academia, urban planning, environmentalism and other areas. Panelists include Justin Ginsburg, project director, Alta Bicycle Share; NYC DOT policy director Jon Orcutt; and Citi marketing exec Jon Sellman. Moderated by Charles Komanoff. 6 p.m. Free registration required.
- Tuesday: At a meeting of the Brooklyn CB 2 transportation committee, the Department of Design and Construction will present the design for the portion of the Brooklyn Waterfront Greenway on Flushing Avenue between Navy Street and Williamsburg Street West. And DOT will present changes to parking regulations on Ashland Place; possible conversion of Middagh Street, between Hicks and Willow, from two-way to one-way; and a proposal for a bike corral at 180 Smith Street. 6 p.m.
- Tuesday: At a meeting of the Brooklyn CB 1 transportation committee, DDC will make presentations on plans for the Williamsburg Bridge Plaza (PDF), which includes pedestrian enhancements and safety upgrades, and the Grand Street BID Project, which will include replacement of existing sidewalks and improved pedestrian access to bus stops. DOT will also make a presentation on the Bushwick Pedestrian Safety Project. 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: DOT will discuss pedestrian safety improvements at 41st Street and Ninth Avenue and the relocation of Bolt Bus with Manhattan CB 4. 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: DOT will present the Utica Avenue Bus Priority Safety Study to Brooklyn CB 17. 7 p.m.
- Thursday: Another TA Healthy Streets Solutions workshop, this time in the Bronx. 4 to 6 p.m. RSVP requested.
- Thursday: DOT will update the Brooklyn CB 6 transportation committee on a design for the North Flatbush Avenue Pedestrian Improvements Capital project [PDF]. 6:30 p.m.
- Friday: It’s Park(ing) Day! Park(ing) Day is an annual all-day event where citizens temporarily transform metered parking spaces into public places. Check the web site for park locations.
- Saturday: Southside Weekend Walks comes to Havemeyer Street between South 4th and Grand Streets in Brooklyn. Hosted by El Puente. Noon to 5 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.