This Week: Plan a Safer 155th Street in Upper Manhattan
This week in livable streets events: help improve safety at an intersection in Upper Manhattan, continue the fight for better G train service, talk bicycling and Brooklyn, or join in at Weekend Walks and Summer Streets events in Queens, Brooklyn, and Manhattan.
- Tuesday: Join DOT for a discussion of traffic safety improvements in the area around 155th Street, Edgecombe Avenue, Harlem River Drive and St. Nicholas Place in Manhattan. 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: In the wake of the MTA’s full line review of G train service, Riders Alliance will be meeting to celebrate the victory and plan further advocacy for G train riders. 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: Join Dani Simons of Citi Bike, Caroline Samponaro of Transportation Alternatives, and Brooklyn Greenway Initiative board member and TA Deputy Director Noah Budnick for a discussion about bicycling and bike-share in Brooklyn. 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday: Merchants of Third Avenue in Bay Ridge are sponsoring a Summer Stroll, opening the avenue between 69th and 80th Streets to car-free fun. 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Sunday: Car-free events continue with Weekend Walks at Astoria Park Shore Fest in Queens (1 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.) and the final Summer Streets of the year, on Manhattan’s East Side (7 a.m. to 1 p.m.).
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.