This Week: 4th Avenue, 125th Street Buses, Barclays Center
This week’s calendar highlights include community board meetings on traffic calming in Bay Ridge and 125th Street bus service in Harlem. Here are the details:
- Monday: Brooklyn Community Board 10’s transportation committee is meeting to vote on a resolution to support DOT’s traffic calming plan for Fourth Avenue in Bay Ridge. If it passes the committee, the resolution is expected to go before the full board on June 17. 7:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: DOT will host a public meeting on the upcoming Rosedale/Laurelton transportation study in Queens. 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: After meetings with Community Boards 9 and 11, Manhattan CB 10’s transportation committee is next in line for a presentation from the MTA and DOT on the revised plan for Select Bus Service on 125th Street, which was trimmed after State Senator Bill Perkins asked for the project to “slow down.” 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday: Empire State Development is hosting a public meeting on the effectiveness of the transportation demand management plan for the Barclays Center. 6:00 p.m.
- Friday: Join DOT in Manhattan for an overview presentation about the public plaza program. Representatives of non-profits and community groups are encouraged to attend. 10:00 a.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.