This Week: Nostrand Ave Select Bus, PPW Anniversary Ride
With all the excitement about bike-share launching this week, don’t forget the community-level meetings where your voice can help make a big difference. This week, many of those meetings are happening in Brooklyn, from Sunset Park to Midwood to Crown Heights. Here are the details:
- Tuesday: DOT will present the results of a Safe Routes to School study for MS 136, the Charles O. Dewey Middle School, to Brooklyn Community Board 7’s transportation committee. 6:30 p.m.
- Also Tuesday: Brooklyn Community Board 8’s transportation committee will hear from DOT and the Department of Design and Construction on plans to bring Select Bus Service to Nostrand Avenue. 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday: The North of 96th Street Public Health Coalition is hosting a mayoral forum on public health, and one of the topics that will be addressed is “opportunities for physical activity.” 5:30 p.m.
- Also Thursday: DOT will talk with Brooklyn Community Board 14’s transportation committee about Slow Zones and the agency’s Congested Corridor study for Flatbush Avenue. 7:00 p.m.
- Friday: Join DOT in Brooklyn for an overview presentation about the public plaza program. Representatives of non-profits and community groups are encouraged to attend. 10:00 a.m.
- Sunday: It’s been three years since the Prospect Park West bike lane was installed. Join a community ride to celebrate the lane — there will be contests, prizes, food, and lots more. 11:00 a.m.
- Also Sunday: Citi Bike opens to daily and weekly users on June 2 and will be putting on a party in Union Square to mark the occasion. The celebration will include music, food, a bike learning zone, and more. 11:00 a.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.