This Week: Safe Routes to School, Bike to Work Day
This week starts with community board meetings in Brooklyn and continues with advocacy opportunities with Riders Alliance. Don’t forget to cap off your work week with Bike to Work Day! Here are the details:
- Tuesday: At Brooklyn Community Board 17’s transportation committee, DOT will present a Safe Routes to School project for P.S. 398 on East New York Avenue. 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday: The transportation committee of Brooklyn Community Board 6 will discuss modifications to the new 14th Street bike lane and a traffic calming plan for Fourth Avenue. 6:30 p.m.
- Also Thursday: Riders Alliance will be hosting a strategy meeting in Bay Ridge as the group continues to recruit members and fight for better bus and subway service. 6:45 p.m.
- Friday: It’s Bike to Work Day! Grab some coffee and breakfast with fellow two-wheeled commuters, and introduce someone to the best way to get to work. Plus, there’s an evening Bike Home From Work party.
- Also Friday: DOT will be hosting an informational meeting for Staten Island non-profits and community groups interested in applying to the city’s public plaza program. 10:00 a.m.
- Sunday: Join Riders Alliance to gather petitions for better transit in Western Queens, including station repairs, out-of-system transfers, and bus reliability. 1:00 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.