This Week: Traffic Calming for Co-Op City and Park Slope
This week’s calendar — particularly Tuesday evening — is packed with livable streets events, including community board meetings for traffic calming in Co-Op City and Park Slope. Here are the details:
- Monday: Join Park Slope Neighbors for a happy hour to benefit Riders Alliance and its campaign for better bus and subway service across the city. 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: NYU is hosting a panel on innovative bus planning in the New York metro area, featuring representatives from NYC DOT, MTA, and NJ Transit. 9:00 a.m. Later in the day, NYU is hosting a series of short talks on the future of transportation at 6:30 p.m.
- More Tuesday: Stop by an open house for Select Bus Service on 125th Street to meet with NYC DOT and MTA staff. 5:00 p.m.
- Also Tuesday: After a workshop to solicit ideas from community members, DOT will present design concepts for Fourth Avenue between Pacific Street and 15th Street in Park Slope. 6:30 p.m.
- Even More Tuesday: Brooklyn Community Board 10’s transportation committee discusses a bike corral at the Little Cupcake Bakeshop at 91st Street and 3rd Avenue, traffic issues on 65th Street, and a proposed CityBench location. 7:00 p.m.
- And Still More on Tuesday: DOT will present on a traffic calming and bike lane project for Co-op City and Bartow Avenue to Bronx Community Board 10. 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: NYU hosts a panel on strengthening New York’s rail connections to the Northeast Corridor and beyond in the face of climate change. 8:30 a.m.
- Friday: Gene Russianoff of NYPIRG’s Straphanger’s Campaign talks transit advocacy at Pratt Institute’s Manhattan center. 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday: With Citi Bike on the way and the weather warming up, Brooklyn Skillshare is hosting a class for New Yorkers looking to learn about rules of the road and bike maintenance. 2:00 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.