This Afternoon at Union Square: Join the Rider Rebellion
Hey folks, just a quick reminder: Today at 5:30 p.m. you’re invited to join the Rider Rebellion, “an action-oriented campaign that will pressure state and city elected officials to stand up for riders and provide stable, long term funding for subways and buses.” There’s going to be a rally at Union Square to raise the profile of transit issues as we approach election day and the selection of a new governor for New York state.
Judging by the line-up for the event, there’s an impressive coalition in the making:
- The ARC Gospel Choir (no relation to the ARC tunnel)
- Elizabeth Yeampierre, UPROSE
- John Samuelsen, TWU
- Reverend Al Sharpton
- Jay Arzu, Urban Youth Collaborative and Brothers and Sisters United
- Dan Cantor, Working Families Party
- Lynn Serpe, Green Party
- Paul Steely White, Transportation Alternatives
Streetsblog will be there covering the rally and we’re looking forward to seeing a big crowd turn out for transit.