This Week: Mobility Rights, Parking Reform, SBS, Group Rides
Lots going on this week, headlined by presentations on Select Bus Service for Manhattan’s East Side.
- Tuesday: There are three events today, starting with a presentation from NYU’s Jen Petersen, who will lay out an explicit case for the “human-scaled mobility right” to the street in a post-automobile city (1 p.m.). NYCDOT’s Bruce Schaller headlines a panel discussion on parking policy reform at Manhattan CB 2 at 6 p.m. And Transportation Alternatives will hold a TEAM T.A. info session at 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: Manhattan CB 3 will hear a presentation on SBS before turning to LES bike routes. 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday: The SBS presentation to CB 8, snowed out last month, is on for 6:30 p.m. (There may be dueling Upper East Side SBS events Thursday. According to NYCDOT’s website there will be an SBS open house just a few blocks away starting at 6 p.m. However, NYMTC has indicated this may have been postponed until later in the month.)
- [Next] Friday: Time’s Up’s new Bureau Of Organized Bikelane Safety (B*O*O*B*S) Team
has moved up its inaugural ride to this week. 12 noon Friday.is still scheduled for next week, March 19.
- Saturday: More group action with the Ides — make that Pies — of March Ride, the perfect time for the Bike Lane Liberation Clown Brigade. 2 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.