More Bike Lanes for Brooklyn CB 1
Streetsblog has gotten word that bike lane construction is set to proceed next month on several streets in Brooklyn Community Board 1 territory.
An August 31 letter to CB 1 District Manager Gerald Esposito from DOT Brooklyn Borough Commissioner Joseph Palmieri lists the following planned improvements:
- Bedford Avenue between Rogers Avenue and Division Street
- Division Street between Bedford Avenue and Berry Street
- Franklin Avenue between Dean Street and Wallabout Street
- Wythe Avenue between Wallabout Street and North 14" Street
- Banker Street between Nassau Avenue and Franklin Street
- Franklin Street between North 14" Street and Eagle Street
- Eagle Street between West Street and McGuinness Boulevard
- Freeman Street between McGuinness Boulevard and West Street
"Completion of this project will yield a continuous bicycle route of 11 miles in each direction spanning Brooklyn from Sheepshead Bay in the south to the Newtown Creek in the north," Palmieri writes.
See more details in the full text (pdf), and don’t forget to obey the rules.