Regional Rail Working Group Monthly Meeting
The monthly meeting of the Regional Rail Working Group.
A key topic for discussion will be a presentation by Joe Clift of his analysis of the ability of Regional Rail lines serving the Bronx and Queens to divert peak hour passengers from overcrowded subway lines.
Agenda items for the August 15, 2007, meeting will include a quick update on each of these key initiatives:
- Through-running at Penn Station
- Upper Level Loop Alternative for LIRR East Side Access
- Penn Station-Grand Central Connection
- Rockaway Cut-off — one-seat ride Midtown Manhattan-JFK Airport
- Lower Manhattan Access
- Regional Rail Freight plan
- Intercity rail issues
The key discussion item will be the ability of Regional Rail lines to divert peak hour passengers from overcrowded subway lines serving the Bronx and Queens.