Regional Rail Working Group Meeting
Regional Rail Working Group
A Consortium of Transit Advocacy Organizations
A key topic for discussion will be a proposal by several New Jersey rail advocates to extend the #7 subway west under the Hudson River to New Jersey, to Secaucus Transfer. Also, discussion will continue on rail equipment options for thru-running at Penn Station.
Agenda items for the July 18, 2007, meeting will include a quick update on each of these key initiatives:
- Through-running at Penn Station — special emphasis on rail technology issues
- Upper Level Loop Alternative for LIRR East Side Access
- Penn Station-Grand Central Connection
- Rockaway Cut-off — one-seat ride Midtown Manhattan-JFK Airport
- Lower Manhattan Access
- Regional Rail Freight plan
- Intercity rail issues
The key discussion item will be options for extending the #7 subway to New Jersey.