Bike Commuting 101
An off-bike seminar presented by Bike New York covering the basics of bike commuting, including selecting a bike and other equipment, what to wear, planning a route, parking and locking, hygiene issues, and more.
If you live within 10 miles of your workplace, bicycling is a great way to get to work. It’s fun, great for your health, less expensive than most other alternatives, and is frequently the fastest way to commute.
Bike New York’s Bike Commuting presentation is available to work groups to help get employees started as bike commuters.
- Selecting a bike
- What to wear (helmets, bike clothes, being visible)
- Gear for carrying cargo, riding after dark, and bad weather
- Choosing the best route
- Parking and locking your bike
- Taking care of your body during and after the bike commute
- Co-workers’ perceptions of cyclists and bike commuters