New Bike Plan for Ft. Greene and Prospect Hts.
On Wednesday, June 14, 6pm, come to Brooklyn Community Board 2’s Transportation Committee meeting to learn about, and comment on, the NYC Department of Transportation’s new plan to install new bike lanes, paths and routes in Fort Greene and Prospect Heights.
The plan calls for a new:
- Eastbound bike lane on Willoughby Street between Fort Greene Park and Myrtle Avenue in Bushwick
- Northbound bike lane on Carlton Avenue between Flatbush and Flushing Avenues.
- Southbound bike lane/route on Cumberland Street between Flushing Avenue and Atlantic Avenue.
- Traffic calming on Carlton Avenue between Park and Myrtle Avenues.
- Southbound "reverse-flow" protected bike lane on Carlton Avenue between Atlantic Avenue and Pacific Streets
These DOT improvements are commonsense, and input from community members and people who regularly bike on these streets and in this neighborhood will help fine tune the plan.
Brooklyn Community Board 2 Transportation Committee
Pratt Higgins Hall Auditorium
65 St. James Place (& Lafayette)
Wednesday, June 14, 6pm
If you cannot attend the meeting you can send comment to the DOT’s Brooklyn Office:
Borough Commissioner Joseph Palmieri
16 Court Street
Brooklyn, NY 11241
Fax: (718) 222-7256