The middle of the week has the important street safety events, with an important deadline to submit ideas to the Vision Zero map coming up on Thursday. Then car-free events season takes over the weekend:
- Tuesday: Concerned about street safety in Harlem? Come to the Manhattan Community Board 10 Vision Zero Task Force meeting and share your ideas about what needs to change. 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday: This is the last day to use the city’s Vision Zero web portal to share your thoughts on dangerous streets and how to improve them. Tell the city where you want safer walking and biking before this important deadline passes.
- Thursday: At a public meeting hosted by Council Member Helen Rosenthal, NYC DOT will present safety improvements for 35 blocks of West End Avenue to Community Board 7. 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday: It’s the first Summer Streets event with Bill de Blasio in City Hall. The car-free fun starts at 7 a.m. and wraps up at 1 p.m.
- Sunday: Two blocks of the Grand Concourse will be car-free from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., the first of three Boogie on the Boulevard Sunday events.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.