It’s a light holiday week on the Streetsblog calendar, but there are opportunities to weigh in on street safety in Brooklyn and Queens, get involved in the commuter tax break effort, and tour Queens by bike.
Here’s what’s happening:
- Today: Share your concerns about street safety with DOT and Council Member Carlos Menchaca at a Vision Zero town hall meeting in Sunset Park. 7 p.m.
- Today: Council Member Elizabeth Crowley and DOT will host a Vision Zero town hall meeting in
FlushingMaspeth. 7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: Riders Alliance holds a strategy session for a City Council bill that would extend the federal commuter tax benefit to more transit-riding New Yorkers. 6:30 p.m. RSVP requested.
- Wednesday: The week’s third Vision Zero forum — this one in Bushwick, hosted by the Transportation Alternatives Brooklyn Activist Committee. 6:30 p.m. RSVP requested.
- Sunday: It’s TA’s Tour de Queens. Registration is now open, and is limited to 1,250 riders. The registration fee is $15 for TA members, $20 for non-members. The ride begins and ends at Flushing Meadows Corona Park. 8 a.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.