A ton of interesting events are all happening on Tuesday this week. Below are the highlights, and there are many more events on the full Streetsblog calendar.
- Monday: Learn about everything from patterns of Citi Bike use to urban freight movement at “Short Talk, Big Ideas” — an evening of quick presentations followed by discussion and refreshments at NYU’s Rudin Center. RSVP online. 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: City officials will discuss Vision Zero, and you can weigh in with your thoughts about street safety at this town hall in the Bronx sponsored by Council Member Vanessa Gibson. 6:00 p.m.
- Also Tuesday: NYC DOT is hosting a public workshop to help plan the Jamaica Bay Greenway. 6:30 p.m.
- More Tuesday: Brooklyn Community Board 3 voted against a new 20 mph zone for part of Bed-Stuy and Clinton Hill earlier this year, and at this meeting of the CB 3 transportation committee, DOT will return to present the proposal again. 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: Transportation Alternatives volunteers in Queens have been building a campaign to redesign Queens Boulevard as a safe, complete street. You can support the Zero on Queens Boulevard initiative as advocates make their case to Community Board 6. 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday: Get the word out about Vision Zero in northern Brooklyn at this TA petition drive in Maria Hernandez Park. 12:00 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.