The first full week of 2014 is full of public meetings about Select Bus Service, traffic enforcement, street safety and more. Be sure to check the full calendar for a complete listing of events. Here are the highlights:
- Monday: Community board transportation committees take on street design near a busy uptown hospital (Manhattan CB 12), signage on Flatbush Avenue (Brooklyn CB 9), and East Side Select Bus Service and speed limits (Manhattan CB 6). All three meetings begin at 7 p.m.
- Tuesday: Manhattan CB 7’s full board will take up NYC DOT’s recommendations from the West Side Transportation Study for improvements to 66th Street at Columbus Avenue and Broadway in the Lincoln Square area. 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: The transportation committee of Brooklyn CB 10, which covers Bay Ridge, will hear from NYPD about the board’s request for traffic enforcement agents at intersections, including at 86th Street and Fourth Avenue. 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday: Manhattan CB 8’s transportation committee will continue discussion about design and safety improvements at 60th Street and Third Avenue, where a truck driver struck and killed 16-year-old Renee Thompson. 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday: The Park Slope Street Safety Partnership, launched last month, will host a meeting at Congregation Beth Elohim for residents interested in joining the effort to make the neighborhood’s streets safer. 7:30 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.