It’s a busy week on the Streetsblog calendar, with meetings in all five boroughs on everything from Select Bus Service and bike lanes to play streets and traffic calming. Head over to the full calendar for more events.
- Monday: Manhattan Community Board 6’s transportation committee will hold its third meeting on a shared lane proposal from DOT that is part of Queensboro Bridge bicycle access improvements already approved by CB 8. 7:00 p.m.
- Also Monday: DOT will give a presentation to Brooklyn Community Board 9’s transportation committee on the Flatbush Avenue Congested Corridor Project, covering Flatbush between Ocean Avenue/Empire Boulevard and Nostrand Avenue. 7:00 p.m.
- More Monday: Staten Island Community Board 1’s land use committee is holding a hearing on the New York Wheel and Empire Outlets projects in St. George. The proposed development includes changes to bicycle and pedestrian access to the area. 7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday and Wednesday: In the wake of State Senator Bill Perkins’ town hall meeting last week, DOT and the MTA will go before community board transportation committees to present a watered-down Select Bus Service plan for 125th Street. CB 11 meets at 7:00 p.m. Tuesday and CB 9 will meet at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
- Wednesday: DOT and MTA are hosting their third public open house for Select Bus Service on Webster Avenue in the Bronx, which is scheduled to begin June 30. 5:00 p.m.
- Also Wednesday: DOT will present a traffic calming proposal for Fourth Avenue in Bay Ridge at a public meeting hosted with Brooklyn Community Board 10. 7:15 p.m.
- Thursday: Join Transportation Alternatives for a workshop on how to organize a Play Street in your neighborhood. People involved with block parties, Weekend Walks or any other type of outdoor event are encouraged to attend. 3:00 p.m.
- More Thursday: At a full board meeting of Queens Community Board 2, DOT will present plans to modify bike lanes on Vernon Boulevard. 7:00 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.