This week’s livable streets events run the gamut from the massive Midtown rezoning plan to a proposed bike corral in Crown Heights. Also, DOT discusses traffic-calming on Cortelyou Road and the NYMTC 2040 RTP open house series comes to Staten Island.
- Wednesday: The New York Metropolitan Transportation Council holds a Staten Island open house on the 2040 Regional Transportation Plan, the 25-year blueprint for multi-modal transportation strategies and investments in the NYMTC region. 4 to 8 p.m.
- Wednesday: Manhattan Community Boards 4, 5 and 6 will co-host a hearing on the city’s proposed rezoning of 78 blocks of East Midtown. The MTA will present proposed transit initiatives for the area, including changes to Grand Central Terminal and surrounding subway stations. 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: DOT, MTA and Port Authority hold an open house on how to improve bus service to La Guardia Airport. 6 to 8 p.m.
- Thursday: DOT and Council Member Mathieu Eugene host a forum on Cortelyou Road traffic-calming. 6 p.m.
- Thursday: DOT will present a proposal for bike corral at Little Zelda Restaurant in Crown Heights to Community Board 8. 7 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.