Transportation Alternatives is holding a number of events this week, including three meetings for volunteers who want to create safe outdoor spaces for kids. Also, Manhattan CB 4 takes up traffic dangers in Chelsea.
- Today: Transportation Alternatives will host the first of three informational sessions on Play Streets — temporary street closures that give children a safe place to play outdoors. This afternoon’s event will take place in Manhattan at 4 p.m. Follow the link for location and RSVP info.
- Tuesday: The second TA Play Streets session, in Brooklyn. 4 p.m.
- Wednesday: The transportation committee of Manhattan Community Board 4 will discuss a number of pedestrian safety issues, including a request for a leading pedestrian interval at 23rd Street and Eleventh Avenue and hazardous conditions on Tenth Avenue. 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: Join other volunteers and help with TA’s campaign to build partnerships to win protected bike lanes and pedestrian safety improvements on Manhattan’s Fifth and Sixth Avenues. 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: Join the MTA, DOT, elected officials and local community boards for a public workshop on bus service along 125th Street in Manhattan. 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Thursday: The third TA Play Streets session, in Queens. 3:30 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.