Coinciding with the beginning of spring, this week’s calendar is all about the bikes. DOT will unveil plans for the northward expansion of Eighth and Ninth Avenue bike lanes, while there are three bike-share events on tap in Brooklyn. The week is capped by a session on bike laws with attorney Steve Vaccaro.
- Tuesday: TLC Commissioner David Yassky will lead a talk on five-borough taxi service, which will legalize street hails for 18,000 livery cabs. 8:30 a.m.
- Wednesday: Brooklyn Community Board 3 hosts a planning workshop on bike-share in Bedford-Stuyvesant. Sessions at 6 and 7 p.m.
- Wednesday: DOT will present plans for the extension of protected bike lanes on Eighth and Ninth Avenues to the Manhattan CB 4 transportation committee. Also on the agenda: an update on planned improvements to 34th Street. 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: DOT will hold a Spanish language bike-share presentation at El Puente in Williamsburg. 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday: Brooklyn CB 1 hosts a bike-share planning workshop for Greenpoint and Williamsburg. Sessions at 6 and 7 p.m.
- Friday: Steve Vaccaro, a daily cyclist and lawyer representing cyclists and cycling organizations, will speak and take questions on cycling law topics, including the role of the police and the district attorney in crashes, how to navigate the no-fault process, and the recent ticket blitzes in Central and Prospect Parks. Presented by the Five Borough Bike Club. 6:30 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.