Community boards in Manhattan and Brooklyn will host three bike-share planning workshops this week, and will take up traffic calming and pedestrian safety in Soho. Staten Island SBS and NYMTC long-range bike-ped planning are also on the agenda. The week ends with the annual memorial for fallen New York cyclists.
- Tuesday: Manhattan Community Board 1 will hold a bike-share planning workshop for Tribeca, Battery Park City, City Hall and the Financial District. 6-8 p.m.
- Tuesday: The Manhattan CB 2 transportation committee will discuss box-blocking and traffic calming on Broome and Kenmare streets. 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: Manhattan CB 3 will review pedestrian safety measures for Delancey Street. 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: At a public meeting, DOT and MTA staff will present the final plan for Hylan Boulevard Select Bus Service. 7 p.m.
- Wednesday: Manhattan CB 5 hosts a bike-share planning workshop for Midtown, Times Square and the Flatiron District. 6 p.m.
- Thursday: The third bike-share workshop of the week will take place in Brooklyn, care of CB 6, which covers Park Slope, Gowanus, Cobble Hill, Carroll Gardens and Red Hook. 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday: NYMTC will hold a public information session on bike and pedestrian infrastructure for the 2015-2040 Regional Transportation Plan. 6:30 p.m.; also available online.
- Sunday: The NYC Street Memorial Project will hold the 7th Annual Memorial Ride and Walk to honor city cyclists who lost their lives in the last year. The event starts at 11 a.m.; check the Ghost Bikes web site for schedule updates.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.