It’s a very busy week on the Streetsblog calendar, with the presentation of safety improvements for 181st Street, votes on bike lanes for First and Second Avenues, and panels on smart growth and the city’s zoning code.
- Tonight: DOT presents its plan for 181st Street to Manhattan CB 12. In October, DOT presented three options for the road, two of which included dedicated space for buses. 7:00 p.m.
- Also tonight: The transportation committee of Manhattan CB 6 continues its ongoing debate over bike lanes on First and Second Avenue, bus priority over the Queensboro Bridge, and the 34th Street Transitway. 7:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: An expert panel at the New York Academy of Sciences discusses the implications of New York’s new smart growth law. 6:30 p.m.
- Also Tuesday: DOT updates Queens CB 4 on the progress of the Jackson Heights Neighborhood Transportation Study and the Woodhaven Boulevard safety project. 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: Top officials, including a Philadelphia deputy mayor and the New York City Department of City Planning general counsel, meet at the Municipal Art Society to discuss the 50th birthday of New York’s zoning resolution. 6:00 p.m.
- Also Wednesday: The MTA and DOT host an open house for Staten Islanders to learn about the proposed Hylan Boulevard Select Bus Service route. 7:00 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.